Monday, May 18, 2015

Central Plains Upland Forecast Spring 2015

Every spring upland hunters watch the weather with hopes of a better hatch and a return to the days when bird populations made us think the good old days would never end. My friend to the south 100 miles recently sent me his forecast.

Arlan: Glad to hear all is well in rural North Dakota. We had an open winter which I think helped a lot with what seems like a robust pheasant and duck nesting crop. The trick is finding some cover to nest in. But things are looking up as I heard Monsanto came up with a Pheasant that nests on gravel roads and cut soybean fields and is a prolific breeder as long as you spray them with Roundup at least twice a year. I'm loading up on Monsanto stock. Hope to get out and do a little fishing but first me and my friends at Monsanto have to try to get rid of some wormwood which is taking over my tree rows. Go Monsanto!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment